The congregation was organized in the year of 1884. Mr. Conrad Herbort donated five acres of land to serve as the site for the church, which was erected that same year. The congregation employed Pastor Michael Haag as minister. At the time of its organization the membership total was seventeen; by the end of the year 1895, it had reached forty-five. Since the beginning of his ministry here, Pastor Haag baptized 115 children and had 25 burials. The area around Crabapple Creek also belongs to Pastor Haag's circuit where he baptized 70 children and buried 15 persons. That congregation had 23 members. Religious instruction and worship services were conducted on alternating Sundays at the two communities.